Recon



 So anyway... where was I?


oh yeah,...I'm taking delivery on a little square-drop camper in the spring (covid permitting) and I've been scouting out potential campsites at good old Greenbrier State Park.  It's going to be a long, ten-minute, pull to the park, but I think I'm up to it.

Mini-trailer/camper camping is making me look at campsites differently.  My two favorite spots at Greenbrier are difficult to back in to - even without a trailer.  So I need to find sites that will be a little easier to get in to.

Last weekend, I took advantage of an unseasonably mild day, to hike around two of the four camping loops to find suitable sites.  

I've found a few pull-through spots and also one with a wide-enough entry to make backing a trailer easier, it has some nice elevation, a good enough sun/shade mix to to charge up the solar generator, and, most importantly, no nearby neighbors.

We'll see how this pans out

Hey, did I mention that I'm a retired Park Ranger?


I'll be back.

Mannie

(the old ranger)


No comments:

Post a Comment

So anyway...where was I? Back when I was camping the first time (late 1970s), my wife, of that time, did all the packing.  It was a chaotic ...